ActiveXSupport

1. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

Accessing my company video software, with my Evo, I am able to log in but the screen is blank.
    I went to my new laptop, as soon as I logged in, I am asked for load ActiveX. Once I installed that, pictures come up.
    How do I install activeX on the evo to see the video?
    Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. nancyh1990

My laptop:

This website wants to install the following add-on: "Web Monitoring Plug-In 1.0.0.12" from "Yes communication". If you trust the website and the add-on and want to install it, click here.."
  3. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

What browser are you using?
  4. nbm400

nbm400 Well-Known Member

ActiveX is a really old technology that was really mainly used with IE. I don't see it ever running under android. Maybe Silver light at some point will catch on enough to warrant a framework in android, but active x is dead.
  5. nancyh1990

Dolphin HD. If that is the culprit. May I ask how do I convert back to the original? Thanks
  6. nancyh1990

Any idea, gents?
  7. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

ActiveX is a technology that is only currently only used in Internet Explorer browsers. You cannot load ActiveX on any other browsers including desktop browsers such as Chrome or Firefox.

The short answer: No, you cannot install ActiveX on Dolphin or even the stock browser on Android.
  8. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, but I believe in the settings for Dolphin, you can make it not the default browser.
  9. nancyh1990

The new laptop I mentioned was running Chrome. What I posted above is from the Chrome laptop.

May I know how to invert back to stock browser?

An ex-employee (I cannot reach her) had the video displayed on her Droid. Viewing is possible, I just have to find that route.
  10. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

If that's the case, ActiveX is not the problem. You can try the stock browser. You'll have to disable DolphinHD as your default browser if you have it set as default (Open Dolphin, hit menu, go to settings, and make sure "set as default" is unchecked).
  11. johnkim575

johnkim575 Member

Thought the new Froyo would help, but downloaded the software today for my Evo 4G, but same problem. Also if Active X is only with IE, why can i view the video (remotely) from iphone? Not being a smart ass, just curious.

thanks,
    John
  12. nancyh1990

till these days, every device if we can allow activex, we can view remotely. If device does not show activex on the notice bar, cannot view.
  13. mykal

mykal New Member

I used to be able to watch the doggie day care web cams that require active X on my EVO with 2.1 but since I upgraded it is no longer working. Anyone have any ideas if there is an addon I just need to downlaod?
  14. mykal

mykal New Member

I downloaded the opera browser from the marketplace and am able to view the daycare webcams now over the opera browser.
  15. speedypcnet

speedypcnet New Member

As technology evolves at an ever-faster pace, new ActiveX technology is developed accordingly in order to keep up. ActiveX becomes a very important feature on the Internet. The ActiveX Installer lets you install an ActiveX control and that ActiveX control lets you use all sorts of features.

The following ActiveX installer options may be used, try this one:

- Insert a scenario, a scenario class or a UI agent
    - Convert (VARIANT, BSTR, Broker)
    - Compel the use of Invoke