• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ActivSync & Touchdown App

stmartin84

Dec 8, 2009
GA
For those who have tried to sync up to their work exchange server that requires a downloaded pin from the respective server has probably noticed that this is unable to accomplish using the native Eris app. I was told to download Touchdown, but I have a problem paying for something Eris should have done in the first place. Any other free apps out there or is the Eris update supposed to fix this?

P.S. I joined the forum today and a Newbie to Droid. Converted from a Crackberry Curve.. Howdy all!

hopfully this will be fixed with future updates to the sorry to hear you've got some nazi server admins on the mail server. don't really know why they would need a pin download to your phone device when if you setup the the exchange server correctly you don't need it. i've worked in the government sector for years and all i hear is make it work. so adding something like that to my work load is either justifying thier over staffed office or loves the the new toy feel of added features in new software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones