• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Actual Difference Between MotoBlur and Stock

eulerphi8

Jul 21, 2010
With the possibility of custom roms arriving soon, I was wondering what MotoBlur (or NinjaBlur or whatever Moto wants to call or not call the custom UI) actually adds. Apart from the widgets and some wallpapers, what else is different from a stock Android build? The contacts, text messaging interface, etc.? I'm already using LauncherPro for my home screens, but I was wondering if I would actually miss anything from the custom build for the Droid X. Thanks.

You won't miss it. The huge difference is that Moto Blur has all the built in profiles for your social networking (rather with other UI's you just use the social networking app you subscribe to ex. Facebook, twitter, etc.). They tried making it look nice and ended up making it look more business like with clean straight lines and nothing is sleek. I wish Sense UI was on the X. But heck, with a custom rom who knows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones