Actual Jelly Bean Update!General

Last Updated:

1. 13jpgbass

13jpgbass Member

Virgin Mobile just pushed out the Jelly Bean update, I'm downloading it now and I will update with more screen shots when I finish the download. If you want to force the update go to application manager>all>google service frameworks>clear data>force stop and then check for updates again, and it should (should) push the update.

Advertisement
  2. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

My son woke me up early this morning pushing the Jellybean Easter egg in my face. DAD DAD DAD I got Jelly Bean!!!!! He's loving it and playing with Google Now and face unlock at the moment.
  3. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

Samsung also threw in Page Buddy into the update. If you plug in headphones or dock your phone a special home screen window appears.
    Son is off to school. Now I feel like taking my Reverb and going back to stock so I could get the update and seeing what else is new.
  4. cpr518

cpr518 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how you can get this update if you rooted your phone?
  5. 13jpgbass

13jpgbass Member

It should work if you haven't unistalled anything stock or haven't flashed custom recoveries.
  6. NerdusMaximus

NerdusMaximus New Member

Someone posted this on the Reddit thread about this, and I wanted to share it with you!
    1. Go to application manager
    2. all
    3. Google service frameworks
    4. force stop
    5. Go to about phone
    6. Check for System Update

Apparently it may take a few attempts, but I did it in this order once and it worked for me!
  7. NerdusMaximus

NerdusMaximus New Member

Someone posted this on the Reddit thread about this, and I wanted to share it with you guys!
    1. Go to application manager
    2. all
    3. Google service frameworks
    4. force stop
    5. Go to about phone
    6. Check for System Update

Apparently it may take a few attempts, but I did it in this order once and it worked for me!
    bkttk2 likes this.
  8. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

Can you post a screen shot? Sorry, but I have a hard time believing this. Thanks
  9. sckboy78

sckboy78 Well-Known Member

It does work. Its a known thing to do. The best thing is to reboot after you fc the apk. It will save you having to do it numerous times
  10. AndroiPro

AndroiPro Member

11. AndroiPro

AndroiPro Member

I'm currently stuck at the Samsung boot screen(the last one before you see the lock screen), going to leave it there for an hour and see if it boots up or not. If not, I don't know what to do :(.
  12. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

Mine just started downloading the installation package now even though I'm rooted. I never flashed a different rom but I think I froze some Samsung crapware. Dunno if that would affect an OS upgrade though.
  13. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

You should be OK as long as you haven't changed your recovery. Be warned though, once you update you WILL lose root and at the moment there is no way to get root back. Poot will no longer work.
  14. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

Yeah that's kind of disappointing. Although I won't have to worry about it for now because it failed during installation. Said I'm missing PolarisViewer.apk, which sounds vaguely familiar. Probably something I considered bloatware that I uninstalled. I thought I was careful in freezing the things I thought were important and all that sounded like was an image viewer. Gonna have to start looking for the apk.

I'm hopeful that was the only important thing I completely got rid of because I was pretty careful about freezing and not removing altogether.

Update: I found Polaris and installed it, but now I can't get it to try to install the update again. Just gives the "your phone is up to date" when i'm still on ICS. I googled around and found that the same thing has happened to others on other phones (Nexus) where the OTA update fails and then they can't get it to try again. I tried FCing Google Services Framework and restarting but still won't initiate the update.
  15. MetalLink

MetalLink Well-Known Member

My guess is that the update is rolling out, not everyone will get it immediately. You know, because a few hundred MBs takes a toll on a data network.
  16. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

This is great! I'm getting ready to check now...
  17. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

I ended up doing a factory reset to see if that would get the update back but so far no dice. Pretty frustrating. Wish there was a way to download it as an offline package and transfer it to the phone.
  18. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem myself, here. When I check for updates, it gives me the update for the MB3 baseband that doesn't flash. So right now I can't upgrade because of that stupid MB3 update. Any suggestions?
  19. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/l0nfKEr.jpg
  20. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

Same.
  21. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

22. I'm waiting for my Jelly Bean 4 1.2 update on my Reverb.... I'm excited! :)
  23. I went to the My Account App on my Galaxy Reverb and I got a thing saying that there's a software update, then I go to Settings - About device - System updates then it say that I'm currently updated.I haven't receive the update yet, but I'm super excited! :)

Attached Files:

24. Deucalion29710

Deucalion29710 Well-Known Member

Beware though if you tether because this update breaks FoxFi and any other non-root wifi tether app. I wish someone had told me and I would not have accepted the downgrade. If you lose functionality, then yes by definition it is a downgrade.