Ad block

Last Updated:

1. ChrisK15

ChrisK15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to block ads in the browser? It'd be nice if something would work. Also, what plugins are available for the browser so far?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi ChrisK15 :)

1) I saw something about Blocking ad's etc in apps and the browser over at XDA but I can no longer find the Link. Even if it was found we don't know if it would work for the Droid / 2.0 & it would require Root anyway which I beleive the Droid can't do at the moment till someone finds a way.

2) The Browser currently does not support add-ons as far as I know so their isn't any I'm afraid

Carl C

3. ChrisK15

ChrisK15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah okay, thanks. I saw something about plugins in the browser settings so I was wondering.

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Firefox should do an Android browser. It's open-source and Mozilla loves open-source. And add in the Adblock Plus plug-in... all gravy. It might actually make loading pages faster.

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Firefox is releasing a Mobile Browser for Android called Fennec , But We don't know when yet :( If I remember correctly it said in an article that it will inlcude stuff like tabs , the ability for add-on's etc. :)

It looks like we'll have to wait & see! :D

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know Fennec Fox existed. But it seems like there's good reason it's not out yet... it performs pretty bad. I mean it takes more than 3 seconds to load, fragmented memory issues, and such. Hopefully they will get a working version out by 2010.

7. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

Oh thanks, that will be nice. I personally prefer Chrome to Firefox on the PC but the Android browser is very featureless IMO.

8. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

i would love adblocking in the droid browser. because of the smaller screen and less accurate means of pointing, i sometimes accidentally click on ads while scrolling. super annoying.

has anyone tried this?

AdBlock v0.4 Application for Android | Communication

9. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Looks Good , These things usually need ROOT though but It's not in the Description that it needs it? :)