Ad blocking for Dolphin HD browser?

1. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Are there any ad blocking addons or apps for blocking web page ads? I'm using the Dolphin HD browser on a Samsung Fascinate.

A Google search shows some references to one as of last June, but I can't find it the actual app.

Browsing the web with my phone is a constant reminder of how well Adblock Plus works with Firefox on my home computer.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

It was in the market, I tried it twice. If it isn't there anymore it's because it sucked. After I installed it opening links was near impossible.
  3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Root and use adfree android.
    Anthony2816 likes this.
  4. Anthony2816

What's that, Lex? And why would I have to root?
  5. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

In Dolphine HD, if you swipe left to open the slide bar and tap the add-ons icon which is a puzzle piece, you will see "Get more Add-ons." Scroll through the list until you find AdBlocker and then install.

The adfree that requires rooting that lex mentioned also blocks ads that are seen in many free apps. I think if you're looking for something like ABP in Firefox, downloading the Adblocker add-on on Dolphin HD will do.
  6. Anthony2816

As it turns out, I already have the Adblocker add-on installed in Dolphin HD (I'd forgotten).

Obviously, it isn't working as well as Adblocker Plus in Firefox, as I'm seeing a lot more ads on my Fascinate.
  7. Anthony2816

After reading all the bad reviews for Adblocker (doesn't block ads, which I noticed, and many people said it slowed things down), I uninstalled it and put in Adfree.

Seems to work a lot better.