Ad Complaints

1. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

In the past hour browsing from my Droid, I visited amazon.com like 376646380 times. Cause that blasted amazon ad on the left has a click box the size of Texas. It covers the whole forum and slighly missing the link you need immediately dumps you off to amazon. Selecting threads is doable - but trying to hit those tiny page numbers is a guaranteed amazon trip. Please do something. P.s. yeah I did zoom the screen almost all the way in.

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

This is driving me crazy!
    I can't browse the forums without getting sent to amazon every second click.
  3. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

On my T-Mo G1 I have never seen said amazon add.

Could this be device related ?

Carrier related ?
  4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I've been getting hit with this as well. I talked to Rob about it some last night. Will rotate ads out (hopefully soon).
  5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Is it just me? Every time I refresh a page (enter and leave a thread) I get a Droid ad at the bottom of the page.

Very annoying - I have to keep closing it. Is there a way to keep it from popping up every freakin' time? It blocks part of the screen, and DUH - I'm here 'cause I already have one!! ;)
  6. matty1124

matty1124 Member

Yes... i hate it... i have a droid... thats why im here... but i guess the site has to make money some way... just wish it was on the one of the sides and not eating up real-estate
  7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't mind ads, but this one covers up the forum UI and content, and the ad close button doesn't work when I have the browser zoomed in so the text is larger...

A real pain.
  8. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

Was happening for me now it's gone. Looks like they fixed it.
  9. Jimmy706

Jimmy706 Active Member

Just started happening to me :mad:
  10. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Yep, I had it also. It's a flash ad and very annoying. I just tried to click "post reply" and it didn't work now either. I could only use the quote button.

edit: the "post reply" works now, but the ad is back too.
  11. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

firefox + adblock plus = win :)
  12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

The one good thing about Droid not having flash
  13. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

Not only is it intensely annoying, but it also causes chrome tabs to hang up. Double loose.
  14. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

+1 i was wondering what they were talking about, haha.
  15. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

See it in chrome. Hate it. I have firefox and ad block too, but chrome is just so much faster it's worth seeing MOST ads.
  16. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

i find that firefox with no ads is faster than chrome with ads. usually ads seem to be the primary culprit of slowness.
  17. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I love the Droid and it's commercial... BUT the droid pop-up tour add on the bottom of the screen EVERY time you switch screens is somewhat ostentatious when researching the site.
  18. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Agree, Mods and Admin are aware to this and problem is being researched ...

Sorry to all for this pesky AD...

19. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I love the ADD... but when i research, i kept Xing it out, and Xing it out, and Xing out. When the ADD popped up on the main page it's informative, i researched and watch the videos, great info.
  20. stoggy

stoggy Active Member

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

search for "ad-block plus" and install. restart firefox and click the subscribe button in the window that pops up when you restart. Subscribing will get you a maintained list of sites to block or you can not subscribe and build your own list.
  21. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Not only does the topmost droid app KILL the sites performance on, ironically, android, the bottom of page droid ad is SO annoying that I think LESS of droid/verizon/you guys for running it, and am actually getting annoyed with it to the point of not wanting to come back.

Seriously, the best way to sell something is NOT to annoy the piss out of everyone.
  22. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Unfortunately, that's Verizon's fault. They purchased ads through the network, so there's nothing Rob can do to fix that.
  23. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Well, that sucks, screw verizon then.
  24. FireRunner

FireRunner Well-Known Member

I find it funny that when you hit the main message board page you see THREE ads for the Droid. One at the top, one on the left side, and one "hovering" ad at the bottom.

I mean, really...don't you think a person would have already bought the phone if they were going to buy the phone? :p
  25. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

I just think it's dumb of verizon to annoy their potential customers. If I was in the market for a droid I wouldn't exactly call annoying ads that slow my browser down (with no point, what does that ad do that a freakin gif couldn't?) a way to sway me.

*shrug*