• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adam vs. motorola tablet?

Ok, so what are your thoughts? Both have been going through several delays...[I keep telling myself that this will only make them better!]

I think the Moto will be carried by verizon, don't know about the adam, but with a usb, would it be possible to tether?

Was at the Verizon store last week and was told by a salesman that the Android Market was opening in December [for tablets].

Thoughts?

My understanding is you should be able to tether any Android device with a port to an android phone.

Personally - as far as I can tell the Adam looks like it will be the tablet that will knock everyones socks off. The specs on this thing are outrageously amazing.

Although it has been delayed quite a qhile - all indications are that the delays are over and it will be releases shortly. Best case scenario appears to be around Christmas. Worst case appears to be end of January. My bet is that is will release in January.

The design is done and is at FCC for approval. They have 20 key apps they have created specifically for the Adam and they have started a developer program with something like 400 EAP developers to write more apps aimed at the Adam.

At this point - wait to see the first reviews of the device and see if it really does amaze. It should not be too much longer.

Upvote 0
I definitely think the Motorola tablet is slightly beyond rumor at this point, when Stingray is showing up in Verizon inventory systems. I personally think it was delayed to include LTE capability, while also waiting for Honeycomb.

Verizon's COO has already said that we will see about a dozen Verizon LTE devices at CES, including tablets and smartphones. That's only about 5 weeks away, and I can't think of another manufacturer that would have something ready for Verizon by then. Unless of course, HTC has become amazingly good at keeping secrets. Who else would be building one for Verizon, and you know it's going to receive Droid branding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones