adapter WITH MICGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 26, 2008
    I've had my phone since it released, but I've recently been searching for a mini usb to 3.5 adapter. I know there are hundreds out there. And I know there are several threads about it, but my problem is that its very hard to find one that is compatible with mic headsets. Many say they don't work with a mic, but most don't mention one way or the other. Any one have good luck with an adapter that works with a mic? Apparently some cause bad sound quality or echoing so that is obviously something I want to avoid. Otherwise, gimme your finds!

2. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    HTC actually sells one that has the standard HTC mini usb at one end, and a mic with button at the other, with a 3.5 jack at the mic end. It works fine, but you are going to have a ton of extra wire from the headphones, since all headphone come with a long enough cord to fit your pocket, but it will be plugging in somewhere around your neck.

Best solution I have found is to open up a standard HTC headphone at the button area and solder better headphones straight to the circuit board. This is NOT however for the feint of heart and mad soldering skills are required, as well as a few extra hands to hold everything while you solder it.
  3. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Just got mine from Tmobile today. It is the OEM HTC one mentioned above. Build quality is good but it is like 2ft long and then the head phones plug into that so however long they are. Like already said tons of wire. but it does have a clip at the microphone so you can clip it to your collar and you can order it through Tmobile and they will add it to your monthly bill. It is $9.99 plus shipping ($17 for me). It comes with a return label in the box so if you don't like it you can ship it back. I called 611 and they forwarded me to accesories.