• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adaptor to improve EVO video out

jcthorne

Jun 4, 2010
Houston
Just wanted to post for the group an adaptor I found that significantly enhances the compatibility of the EVOs video output.

I wanted to use the EVO's HDMI output to accomplish 2 functions that I normally have to carry a laptop to do. One was for presentations where powerpoint slides are presented via a projector in a confrence room. The second was for playing TV episodes and movies when traveling, either in our motorhome or in hotels.

Ran into significant problems with EVO's hdmi output not liking many hdmi devices and many video systems (our projectors in the confrence rooms) not having an hdmi port at all.

Found a device called an HDFury2. Read a bunch about it and was pretty skeptical so I ordered one through Amazon so if it did not work for me, I could easily return it. It will not be going back.

The EVO loves the HDMI port on the HDFury2 and the adaptor outputs full resolution 720p video on either component or VGA connections, and supplies either a optical digital audio output or a stereo headphone jack audio output. It works very well, is about the size of a VGA gendor changer and has worked with every monitor and projector I have plugged it into.

Now I can output my presentation slides to 1280x720 jpg images and easily display them on the projector or play HD movies etc on the projector or flat panel displays.

Just thought someone else might find this useful information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones