ADB and other things

Last Updated:

1. carthesis

carthesis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right - I could do with a bit of knowledgable Samsung Galaxy and Android generally help.

FINALLY gotten around to updating to Galaxo 1.6.3.1 after months because my old phone is getting used on a new network - not got the SIM card for it yet 'cos it's coming through work, so don't have access to the market.

Installed all the drivers and followed the instructions in http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-i7500/72037-easy-guide-updating-galaxo.html, which worked absolutely perfectly. The only thing that was missing was the HTC keyboard.

Downloaded the APK, but obviously can't install it using ASTRO as I can't install it yet (no SIM card), so figured I'd do it through ADB.

Tried it through a normal CMD prompt, nothing - 'Error: can't find device'.

Tried it in fastboot mode, nothing - 'Error: can't find device'.

Installed the full Android SDK, nothing - 'Error: can't find device'.

I'm OBVIOUSLY missing something here, but i'll be damned if I can work out what it is. All the drivers appear to be appropriately installed - when I plug the phone in I get the 'ADB Testing Interface' showing up - so it SHOULD be working, but it isn't.

Help?

Please?

Advertisement
  2. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Try ticking" USB debugging " in "Development"

3. carthesis

carthesis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know I said "obvious", but I've already said that the interface is showing up in device manager as "AND testing interface", hence that option must be ticked.

Anyhow, I checked it to be sure and it was checked, so thats not it.

4. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Try unplugging and replugging the USB lead a few times, I had the same problem as you, I think it is a windows thing not recognising the driver straight away, sorry I can not help you any further,hope someone else has more technical knowledge but I have found on weekends reply's are a little slow only normal (other occupations ):)