• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iowabowtech

root@android:/ #
May 2, 2010
Iowa|USA
Ok, it's time to ask for some help. I've been trying to root but can't get the [exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)] to show up.

I've been using the loop per the 10 minute video because the first, easier method always fails and no amount of retries while looping is getting me in. I've changed cards from a 4G Sandisk to the highly touted 2G PNY and no dice. I've tried pushing in the card at the "magic moment" and nothing doing.

I'm wondering about the drivers. How can I know for sure if I have the adb drivers installed properly? I have PDAnet installed and it recognizes the phone so is that good enough or could there still be an issue I need to iron out driver-wise? I had previously installed HTC Sync but ended up uninstalling it because it didn't seem to help either. I'm worried about the adb drivers and if there's something I can check to verify all is well, I'm all ears and talk in newb language if you wouldn't mind. :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones