1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

ADB drivers?

1. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

HTC has updated their sync app to work with the mt3gs and can be downloaded now, it includes the all the drivers for the device for those still having trouble getting their pc to recognize their phone. as a side note the download has two parts htc sync, and application installer, you don't need to install the sync part if you don't wan to as google syncs for you, the app installer is nice though for installing apps from your pc.

here is the link:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/t-mobile-mytouch-3g-slide/downloads/

Advertisement
  2. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Should work fine, you did turn on usb debugging correct?
    I've not had to install adb for a very long time though..
  3. behold_this

yeah debugging is on...adb is setup and working fine with my other phone. i only tired once real quick earlier and it wasn't in adb device list still haven't even tried mass storage yet...it might be my usb port though so i'll try another one.

*edit
    ok so i know i'm missing something...my pc does recognize the phone when in mass storage, but still not in the adb devices list???? idk
  4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Sounds like all the Driver's didn't install correctly.. Check device management
    behold_this likes this.
  5. behold_this

got it
  6. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Where did you find the drivers? Also, are you doing this just in preparation of root when it comes?
  7. Fordude

Fordude Active Member

Yeah, I have same problem. Tried uninstalling and installing adb device but no joy for me in XP. :(

Re-installed SDK as well.
  8. behold_this

ok WTF it recognized it once and once only now no matter what i can't get it recognized...someone please help me find the htc adb interface drivers for this phone i checked using USBDeveiw and that driver is not installed but the standard/sdk adb driver is and the adb interface driver for my behold is there just no htc. sdk is installed, adb works with other device, mytouch shows in mass storage, and debugging is checked.
  9. Fordude

Fordude Active Member

After over 10 hours of troubleshooting and trying to get a reply from HTC support, I firgured out how to get mine working.

Here's what I did:

1. Used USBDeview to uninstall all of the HTC drivers/ports
    2. Unplugged HTC from PC
    3. Installed PDANet software for Android (free).
    4. When prompted, plugged in slide
    5. After successful report of drivers being installed and program, accessed adb just fine!

Worked for me, ymmv!
    aerojb and behold_this like this.
  10. behold_this

OP updated with link to drivers from HTC