Adb help!!!

Last Updated:

1. Bmarx4

Bmarx4 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I've tried about 10 different tutorials involving step-by-step instructions to get adb functioning properly but I just can't get it to work....I'm so frustrated by now, that I can't even remember why I needed it...Anyways, I'm not one to give up, yet I do need help....Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded SDK
    Downloaded Eclipse
    Downloaded USB Drivers via SDK and AVD Manager
    Added the correct folder location in my PATH....I used this tutorial(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=502010) and placed it in it's own variable named "adb" since "path" wasn't working either.
    This is the location: C:\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

When I run the cmds up to here:
    C:\Users\My Username> cd C:\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

C:\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>

And then I give cmd "adb devices" it just comes back with "devices list attached" and it's blank...So I think there is an issue involved with the whole updating of the drivers because when I go into device manager and point to the proper folder, windows comes back and says that the driver is already up to date so it never installs it. I also uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them using the same procedure and nothing seems to be working.....I'm on a Vista 32 Bit with a G1....Any help would be great, I believe I have inputted all information needed for you guys!

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon

Advertisement
  2. gnur

gnur Active Member

I used a tool found on XDA forums called relentless rooter. This allowed me to install the correct usb driver. Without relentless rooter I ran into the same issues.

3. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

Do you have debug mode enabled on your device (I'm assuming the G1 has such a mode)? This is required.

4. Bmarx4

Bmarx4 Member This Topic's Starter

Yes....debugging is on.

I'll try that relentless root later on today and see how it goes.