adb in Linux?

Last Updated:

1. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have android-sdk-linux_86 and can run the emulator. I also have the udev rule for the Behold 2 as well as the debug etc settings on the phone, but I can't get it to come up when I run "$adb devices" Can anyone help me out?

Advertisement
  2. marius

marius New Member

Hi,

i am having the exact same problem. I have added rules to udev and gone to settings -> applications -> development -> and checked USB debugging.

I run archlinux x86_64.

- Marius

3. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

4. marius

marius New Member

I have actualy done those steps. But when i run "adb devices" i still get no devices. I have even changed SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4" to SYSFS{idVendor}=="04e8" which is the id of the behold2.

5. devrdander

devrdander Member

Theres a bug in the latest SDK where it won't recognize the galaxy/bh2, download an older version like the one in the thread linked, i am using a patched adb binary from the old 1.5 sdk myself, but the one in that thread looks older and may work for you. If that one doesnt work I can post the patched binary I use.

6. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to get it loaded under XP with MrAndroid's help last night. I still don't know how to do it in Linux.