• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root adb not working in CWM 4 fixed for cm7

norcalhitech

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
When I originally started flashing this phone to metropcs I had problems with adb remount(operation not permitted) even when I can go adb shell then su no problem... I get the superuser screen on phone and goto remember and allow.

Anyways, adb remount just never worked at all. I found a solution that said to try adb remount in recovery and that did work ---- back then.

I got the phone working with 1x but that's just too crappy for me. followed another guide and the phone was worse off after. After hours of messing with it I decided to start over...

My problem is now that when I'm in recovery there's no adb anything anywhere in device manager. I can hear the sound when I plug in the usb cable but there's no entries in device manager having to do with the phone at all.

This is also the same phone, cable, and pc I used just a day ago when it worked. Any ideas?

If anyone knows a fix for this phone to be able to run adb remount like normal when the phone is on without getting operation not permitted I would love to hear it as well. I tried 100+ different things and couldn't get anything to work.

adb shell su mount -o, rw /system doesn't work either. Even copying and pasting the exact command from other peoples logs that says it works just goes to usage on mine like I typed something in wrong. It was 100% corrent.

I even tried downloading mount rw or whatever its called from play store to remount the filesystem in rw mode. Says it works but same thing. Can't push anything even after it says its in rw mode.
Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones