adb push issues

Last Updated:

1. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been reloading the phone today after putting the "offical" RUU on post having the pre leak. I rooted 2.1 sucsessfully. I wanted to put Gallery3D.apk on the phone via adb push. I have it in the tools directory and had pushed it before. Now I get a failed to copy / permission denied. Not sure what's up. Last time it pushed to the pre leak no problem. ANy help?

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I just did an 'adb shell', followed by 'su', then backed out to the console and did an 'adb install gallery3d.apk' and it was successful. When I launched it for the first time, I almost thought it was not worth it at all since it was so SLOW, but I guess it had to create all the 'thumbnails' of the photos which took some time. Anyway, I just launched it again, and it was rather enjoyable.

I also installed the Eris port of the Nexus One Launcher2.apk. That's 7 Sense UI and 5 Launcher homescreens for a total of 12 homescreens! The Launcher2 app tray is neat.

I just need to find a version of Freindstream that works on the official rooted RUU and I'll be content.

3. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled and that your SD Card isn't mounted, then do the following:

adb remount
    adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app/Gallery3D.apk