• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root adb server is out of date. killing...

maguircp

Lurker
Jan 8, 2010
Hey yall,

I successfully rooted my eris a few weeks back ( on my old desktop running XP ) but since have been unable to use adb to push files to my phone. I've downloaded the SDK (1.5 and 2.1) , all the most recent drivers, phone's in debugging mode, set to charge only, and my phone still won't talk to my computer. All I really want to do is flash a different font to my phone. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Im running Windows 7 64bit if that matters.

adbshell.png

Hey yall,

I successfully rooted my eris a few weeks back ( on my old desktop running XP ) but since have been unable to use adb to push files to my phone. I've downloaded the SDK (1.5 and 2.1) , all the most recent drivers, phone's in debugging mode, set to charge only, and my phone still won't talk to my computer. All I really want to do is flash a different font to my phone. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Im running Windows 7 64bit if that matters.

Did you see this thread over at xda? There's some good ideas in there (some worked, some did not):

[ADB] adb server is out of date. killing... - xda-developers

Reactions: pintusworld
Upvote 0
Hi,

The problem happens because your HTC Sync installation comes with its own version of adb.exe that is incompatible with the version from SDK. So, the SDK version keeps on shutting it down and HTC Sync keeps on restarting it.

I've just coded a tool that fixes it by making HTC Sync use the version from Android SDK:
adbfix.png

You can download the tool from here: Solution to the "adb server is out of date." problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones