Adb Setup Help

Last Updated:

1. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've searched high and low and can't figure out a good (idiot proof) tutorial for setting up adb? Can someone put one together (for windows) or point me in the right direction? I currently use terminal for almost everything, but most people write their tuts for adb. If you write one, please start simple and at the bottom and work your way up. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Rockee

Rockee Member

3. SimsDelt

Ok... so I can't get it to recognize my device. I can't figure out how to install the driver. Since I already transfer files to my X it didn't ask for a driver when I plugged it up.

4. Retrokid223

Retrokid223 Well-Known Member

you have to put the droid x on media sync mode for adb to work on 2.2, also make sure you have sdk setup right

SimsDelt likes this.
  5. SimsDelt

SDK is ready to go correctly. When I click on "Motorola ADB Device" under device manager and then go to "update driver" and then try to update using the driver located here How To: Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices | TheUnlockr
    and it still says it cannot load the driver. I even wiped out all the Motorola drivers, plugged the Droid X back in and let windows reinstall drivers... it installed all but the ADB driver.

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

the thing about adb is it is a different experience for everyone trying to set it up.

The way I set it up on 2.2 is
    1.turn debugging off
    2.connect phone to computer in media sync mode
    3. wait for it to install the drivers
    4. turn debugging on and wait for it to install the drivers again

So in 2.2 media sync works the same as pc mode

then download this android sdk and take the tools folder from the inside of it and put it on your desktop. Next, open up that tools folder and copy the address of it and then open up a command prompt and type "cd pasteaddresshere" and press enter. Finally, if you then enter in "adb devices" and then get a bunch of letters and numbers you are good to go

SimsDelt likes this.
  7. SimsDelt

Wow... then I put it in Sync mode and boom... it loads the driver... wtf... 2 hours of trying to figure this out and it was that easy