ADB Shell Device Not Found

Last Updated:

1. mikeh36

mikeh36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All

Up until this morning I've had no problems with running ADB commands from my computer to my phone but now everytime I try to do so I get a Device Not Found error. My OS is XP and I've gone through the Device Manager looking for something that says ADB.... (that's what my memory tells me I should be seeing). Can anyone tell me where I should be looking? Or what device I may need to update the drivers on? Not sure why it suddenly started happening but it's hosing me on trying the latest GAOSP build (need to mount so that I can delete everything in the dbdata directory).

Advertisement
  2. maurinet

maurinet Well-Known Member

Try "adb remount"... You can also follow the Step 1 of my tutorial (see signature) for ADB drivers if that's where your problem is.

3. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

With the new Drakaz recovery it is an automatic process, when you wipe of course (I'm thinking on deleting everything in dbdata).

4. mikeh36

Well crap, I reinstalled NPS and got it working but then when I went to put GAOSP on it stopped working again. :(

Lelouch....I get a bunch of forced close errors on GAOSP and Drakaz mentioned connecting through ADB Shell and deleting everything in dbdata. That was working for me before this morning.

5. Lelouch

In "Drakaz's" recovery v6.1 you have the option wipe data which wipes also dbdata, so you dont need to do it manually. ;)

6. mikeh36

I don't remember seeing that but I'll look at again. Maybe I do have the wrong version on there.

7. mikeh36

Color me embarrassed. When I was having issues the other night I blew everything away and went back to the stock Bell install. Then last night when I was trying to get everything going again I accidentally copied an older copy of RecTools over. :(

8. Lelouch

And did you install the nightly successfully???

9. mikeh36

It installed successfully. I can't connect to any of the Google apps (I posted in the Nightly build thread) but it looks like I'm not the only person on Bell that's having the problem so it may be an I7500L problem.

10. Lelouch

I'm glad that you succeeded to install Froyo, but regarding google apps it's to bad.
    Why is your's Bell provider so *censored* up?

11. mikeh36

I don't think it's Bell in this case (for once I'm not blaming them). I saw somewhere else that HTC Hero users were having the same problem with an earlier version of Android and the trick for them was to pull the SIM card and go wireless only. Once they'd authenticated on Google they could put the SIM card back in (tried/didn't work). All the other fixes say to do a hard reset but that doesn't seem to work either.

So that leaves me thinking there's something that gapps doesn't like about the I7500L

12. Lelouch

13. mikeh36

The Lelouch, checked that thread out but nothing new there that I haven't already tried.

14. Scue

Scue Member

Your should put these four files to C:\windows\System32(Only in XP system effectively).
    adb.rar download:
    http://android.pcpop.com/forum.php?...kZGZiZThiYnwxMzA3OTM4NzkxfDgwMTA5NTd8MTc0Ng==
    I hope it can help you.

Attached Files: