adb Wireless app problem.

Last Updated:

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I found the adb Wireless app, I was ecstatic because I have misplaced my USB chord for the droid, and this would allow me to access my computer with the droid without the chord. But once I connect to the same wireless network with adb and press the big button, it informs me I must 'run adb connect "followed by a bunch of numbers like 162.xxxxx.xxx.xxx.x.xxx:5555 or something" on my computer.' Where do I input this on the laptop, or is there another way to access the phone with this app on my computer?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That would be a CMD window (for Windows XP and later), commonly referred to as a command prompt.

And it is more than likely 192.168.XXX.YYY:5555 - whatever it tells you is what you should use.

gobirds895 likes this.
  3. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I input the code into command prompt in Windows after connecting to the same wireless network using the app, but when i press enter, it reads - 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. Any ideas?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I assumed you already had the Android SDK installed - ADB is the Android Debug Bridge that comes with the Android SDK - you'll need to download the Android SDK, extract it to a directory, then go into that directory and run setup.exe and let it do its updates.

After that is done, you'll want to make your life easier by adding the path to the SDK (and a second path to the /tools directory underneath the SDK) to your System Path - so you can just run the command from your RUN dialog box without having to open a CMD window, change to the right directory, and then run it....

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

6. drijvis

drijvis New Member