Add Albums On Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Britton

Britton Member This Topic's Starter

Can you Add Different Albums On Droid eris To organise photos??

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

nope

i kid i kid, of course you can. just mount your sd card to your computer, navigate to your albums folder and create a new one.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Yes you can. Just make a folder on the SD card and name it whatever you want. Fill it with photos and they will show up in the album under whatever you named the folder.

4. OfTheDamned

Ya know, I just read the first part and thought you had lost it. :eek: That was the only reason I responded.

5. Britton

Britton Member This Topic's Starter

Do I Put It In The DCIM Folder?? or outside of it

6. OfTheDamned

Just put it on the main part of the SD card. Putting it in the DCIM folder will make it apart of the camera photos.

ericDylan likes this.
  7. jerms

jerms Member

I have 2 folders in the DCIM directory Camera and Contacts. Both of these have images but when I click on Albums all I see is Camera Shots and All Photos not the 2 folders as Albums.

[​IMG]

8. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Why is it when this question is asked everybody responds about syncing to a computer and not Astro file manager? I have an old PC running Windows 2000 which will not sync to my phone. It took me nearly 3 weeks to get this answer, I was running from Sprint store to Sprint store, and asking on these forums before someone finally told me.

OP, if you want the phone to do it without the need for a PC, go to the Market and install Astro file manager. It's a great program that lets you organise your photos anytime, without the need for a computer. DCIM is the folder your phone puts photos taken by the camera by default. If you want family pics seperate from misc. pics just open Astro, create the new folders, go into DCIM and edit<move the photos you want, then back to the new albums and paste.

EDIT: Wow, just realised that this thread was resurrected from 2 months ago, the OP has probly already figured it out.

9. jerms

jerms Member

I have tried creating the directories from Astro in the root of DCIM no difference still does not show as a new Album in the Albums app. I simply used the computer to display the file structure to see if I was doing something wrong as this is not working. Do you have an answer to why its not showing up in the Albums app or is your solutions to user Astro instead of the Albums app?

10. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Read again what OTD said. I believe she's got your answer there.

11. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Are you trying to create new folders inside of DCIM? As far as I know, that is the default folder for the camera. I create new albums outside of DCIM and they always show up in the stock gallery app. So no, I don't view pics on Astro. I just use it to move/organise them, and view them in the gallery.

jerms likes this.
  12. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

If you move files or create folders while the SD card is still in the phone, you might need to un-mount and re-mount the SD card afterward so that the Albums or Photos app is aware of the changes. I use an app called SDrescan that un-mounts and re-mounts with one click.

jerms likes this.
  13. jerms

jerms Member

Ok so I am half ******ed just figured DCIM was the SD card. LEAVE ME ALONE LOL :p

Thank you kindly!

14. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Lol, glad I could help. The issue of creating folders aggravated me till I got it figured out. But I don't think DCIM IS the SD card, it's just a folder on it that the camera uses to store pics.