Add albums?

Last Updated:

1. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys

I like to sort my photos on phones into categories - but on the Hero I can only see the default photo albums and when I click 'Menu' there is no option to add a new album.

Is there anyway round this? I don't really want hundreds of pictures all in 1 album...

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

You could keep the images in several directories, the Albums app will see them as separate albums.

3. mattdanielc

How do I put the image in several directories? I can't see the option on the phone...

Sorry! :)

4. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

I guess only via a file manager app. Or, more comfortably, by connecting the phone to a computer via USB and accessing is as mass storage.

5. mattdanielc

Ah awesome thanks - I've not connected my phone to my PC yet so didn't know about that. Sorry to bombard you with questions...but will I need to install some software on the PC or will plug and play do ?

Thanks mate :)

6. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

If your computer can handle regular USB flash disks, you should be OK. Just plug the cable into the phone and into computer, tap on the "USB connected" notification on your phone, and tap "Mount" button. It should appear in your computer as a removable disk.

7. mattdanielc

Ah awesome - managed to figure it out! Thanks for your help - appreciate it.

I expected to be able to see all my saved games though? I wanted to buy a bigger card for my phone but a bit afraid if I can't transfer everything over...

Sorry to ask you yet another question...but is it possible to rename your apps? So many apps have a name that is too long to show on the phone so it has those annoying dots instead...anyway to shorten the name by accessing your phone?

8. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it is not possible without some lower-level hackery (accessing the internal phone memory where apps are installed).

As for the saved games, I guess that depends on where the game developer decided to store the saves. I've seen games which store them in phone memory, as well as games which bluntly create their own folder on the SDcard.

9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I use AnyCut (free from the market) to shorten app names just like you described.

As for buying a new card, so long as you copy everything over to the new one you should be fine; anything not visible on the card is on the phone it's self.