• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help add contact from web?

seVer

Android Expert
May 1, 2010
tried a search, and also looked at the suggested, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

basically, is there a way to add a contact from a web page?

for example: I do a search for McDonald's (only using because it's a known business), and get a local listing. Can I somehow add the name, address, phone #, and website, to my contacts?

I want to say that I have before, but I have tried different things for the last 10-15 minutes and can't seem to get it to work. I've done a search from the browser, and a search using the magnifying glass. I get the info I want, but It's as if I have to manually copy/paste each bit of info. That's not as easy as it sounds, because as soon as you exit the contact card, all data is lost unless you save first. (But then you have to go into the card again, select edit, then paste the new data.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones