Add facebook account but still want to use my own contact photosSupport

Last Updated:

1. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this possible? When you add facebook it replaces all contact photos and I don't see a way to change that.

Advertisement
  2. skmiller

skmiller Active Member

Yes, please help! I would like to know this as well.

3. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Add me to this list

4. DroidFiend

DroidFiend Active Member

Me Four. I want it to use the photo from my gmail contacts instead of the FB photo. Just got the phone so I haven't had time to experiment much yet.

5. zanix

zanix Member

There is a photo source option, but it only lets me pick Facebook or Twitter :(

6. bradz

bradz New Member

This has been my only frustration so far with my new Incredible. I reluctantly used the Facebook app and now I am sorry I did!

I've found you can select/change the photo source for individual contacts by going to People selecting the contact, touch the bar at the top of the screen with your contacts name and photo. You can then select the contact photo you want to use. However, the first time I did this I found out later the photos had been changed back to the Facebook contact photo.

Out of frustration I went to Menu>Settings>Applications from the home screen and found "Facebook for Sense" and selected "Force Stop" under Controls, and "Clear data" under Data. Then I went to People>Menu>View and unchecked Facebook. So far it seems to be working. I still have my sync'd Facebook contacts (which I don't really care about) but I also have my other contacts with the photos I selected.

I haven't changed them all yet, I'm waiting to make sure this sticks... as far as using the Facebook app again, I'll wait to see what others post on this topic before I decide to use it again...