Add French to Android Dictionary so I can text in that language too??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jbhumph, Jul 7, 2010.

1. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Does anyone know of an app or a way to add French to the Android dictionary so that I can text in French without it always trying to correct it in English? I want English as the base language just want to add French in as well without having to go into the dictionary and add French words like crazy

I did find an app called "Slide it" that appears to offer something that will do this but just wanted to ask the experts first....plus it's not free so I hate to purchase this if it won't do what I need

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    With SmartKeyboard Pro you can place a key to switch the language.

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

gilz likes this.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
  4. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Unfortunately she doesn't have an Incredible...my gf has the Droid. She's thinking of switching to the Droid X though...so maybe that will offer some better features for this?

Any other suggestions are definitely welcome as she has many friends in France and she is bilingual

5. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
    I'm pretty sure the htc keyboard was ported for the droid aswell. I'm using it on my nexus one as a replacement for the stock kb.

6. gilz

gilz New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Director & Managing Partner, technology company se
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Followed-up on Harry2's suggestion of SmartKeyboard Pro. Installed with French dictionary in the HTC Incredible (Verizon) and it works great with push/hold option to switch back to English keyboard at any time. Thank you again!