Add more pages to home screen

1. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Active Member

how do you add more pages to android 2.0s home screen the droid only has 3 the eris has 7 how can this be achieved

Advertisement
    :
  2. poopieboy

poopieboy Member

You can't do it natively. But if you buy aHome or dxTop from the market, you can have i think somewhere between 5 and 10 home screens.
  3. thericksonebay

neither of the apps you suggested work on the moto droid
  4. Bxsteez

Bxsteez Active Member

Open home 3.4 does i believe.
  5. Sensisnow

Sensisnow Member

I'm running Open Home with 7 screens and it's been working pretty well so far. It will even allow auto-rotation on the home screen without opening the keyboard! Well worth the $4 IMO.
  6. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Panda Home is Free and works somewhat right now but they're coming out with an update to make it function 100%.
  7. thericksonebay

will all your widgets work or do you have to get new ones
  8. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Does open home support the regular widgets?
  9. CombatChuck103

CombatChuck103 Well-Known Member

I liked Open home, but I noticed a slight lag loading up apps from the home screen. Not a huge deal if you want/need 7 screens. I guess its to be expected when running a full skin over stock 2.0
  10. Chris6565

Chris6565 Member

I quickly ran out of room on the home screen of my droid so I started to create folders to organize the apps I wanted on my desktop. menu >> add >> folders. To rename them just open them and do a long press on the folder name. After that just drag and drop, I have found it is quicker to just open a folder instead of trying to navigate to different pages.
  11. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

download Launcher+, this apps only purpose is to add more home screens. works perfect on 2.0
  12. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

I'm using Home++ with 7 screens.
  13. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

exactly the developer created this app as a bare bones complimenting the full home ++ app. if you want or like the stock home but want more screens than this is your app.
  14. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I get 7 with GDE. I like it alot, but it force close alot......
  15. rfmdroider

rfmdroider Member

great advice!! Thanks!!
  16. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

I used Droid folders and BetterCut to create folders, which was great for a while, but wanting a few more widgets I installed Launcher+ which is excellent. I think I'll have enough room for a long while now.
  17. UGAdroid

UGAdroid Well-Known Member

Use Home++. It is a pretty stable home replacement and gives you many screen options, plus has a shortcut bar at the bottom and hides the notification bar(optional). I started with Pandahome, but quickly moved to Home++. I tried Launcher but it was laggy. I dont use Home++ anymore, because I am rooted and have 5 screens, but I def reccommend Home++. Try it, you will like it better than stock home screens, IMO.
  18. Neverendingxsin

Neverendingxsin Active Member

actually both of them work on the moto droid.

i personally use DXTOP and its amazing
  19. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

Can you change the number of homescreens with root? Can you just add 2 to the default home?
  20. karmagedon

karmagedon Well-Known Member

if you go to droid-life.com, you can download FOR FREE the .....

2.1 launcher
    2.1 htc launcher (with phone and browser tabs next to launcher)
    2.1 music app
    2.1 gallery (awesome)
    2.1 media dock/clock (with night mode)

you'll have 5 screens. it's a bit laggy for some people, but it works fine for others.
  21. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

I'm using the 2.1 launcher, which gives you 5 home screens and the 3D app launcher. Overall it's good but sometimes going back to the Home screen after being in another app will be laggy and it won't load anything, and I have to press the Home button a few times for it to load my widgets and shortcuts. But I like the 3D app launcher and the 5 home screens too much to go back to the stock Home.
  22. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

Where to install Open Home or aHome ? I search on Android Market but I don't see any like that.
  23. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

give LauncherPro a try
  24. JeffB-az

JeffB-az Member

I was just running out of space on my Galaxy Player. It comes with 7 pages. While on an application home page, I clicked on the menu button, hit "edit", and a new page was added.