• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

add number to person

rajanm1

Apr 4, 2010
i have facebook and imported all my previous phone contacts so i currently have all of my old phone contacts and also "contacts" with all of my friends on facebook. however all of my facebook friends don't have phone numbers saved on facebook so when i want to add a phone number to this person under "search people" on the phone, how can i do this?
(to put it simply i want to add a number to a facebook contact card on the phone if that makes sense)
thanks

All programs - People

First thing you can do is, as kboya said, linking your phone contacts with your facebook contacts. You can do this by (in the app people) clicking on a contact and then in the topright corner you'll see a button called 'link'.

Most of the time the phone will suggest a link, if it does not you can do it manually.

Give it a shot and tell us if it worked out

Upvote 0
ok, cheers guys i have "linked" all of my contacts that i have on facebook with their phone numbers if i have them saved on my phone which is prett cool and saved a lot of space and searching
BUT if say i have PERSON X on facebook and then they give me their phone number, how can i add it to the already existing contact details under "all contacts" rather then creating a new contact and then linking PERSON X to their facebook contact card thing.
does that make sense?
cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones