1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ADD-ON] Mercury Sound Pack flashables

1. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

Oh, and here's some trivia of sorts: try to identify the sounds I've added in. See if you can pick out where I got them from! :)
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Ok, soon as we get the file. If it's from some anime, I may know, especially if its Japaneese cartoons.
  3. mercury0x000d

Lil Bit? My last girlfriend had a kitty by that name lol
    LilBit likes this.
  4. LilBit

vc22352 was just to ugly, besides the name fits me, i'm only 4ft10.5in.:D
    Slayer72 likes this.
  5. mercury0x000d

Fun size FTW :)
    LilBit likes this.
  6. LilBit

7. mercury0x000d

But of course! I pride myself on being gentlemanly :)

...well, at least most of the time :p lol
  8. LilBit

If that's your girl in those screenies you posted on your Rom thread then you better behave ALL the time!! LOL!!:D
  9. mercury0x000d

Nope, she's just a random picture from the internets that I thought might make a rather photogenic background for a ROM :)
  10. mercury0x000d

Okay! I think I finally got the issue worked out, and threw in some additional sounds as well as my little thank you to everyone for their patience :)

Download link's in the OP.

Enjoy!
  11. LilBit

Cool!! Downloading now!! Thx:D
  12. LilBit

:( You bad boy:p I had to go get a different package in Ubuntu to open it!!!:mad:
    But all is well:D .7z:confused: Oh well, Ubuntu handled it for me:)
  13. mercury0x000d

You had trouble opening it? :O Sowwy about that, Bit. I used 7Zip in Windows 7 Ultimate to make the archive; I didn't expect it to give anyone problems :-(
  14. LilBit

No silly,:p I just didn't have the software installed. Ubuntu went to it's own software center and found the package and installed it for me. Linux Forever!!:D
  15. mercury0x000d

*sigh* I really do need to set up a Linux box...
  16. LilBit

They say, over at XDA, that it's actually easier to make roms, kernals, themes, using the kitchen etc, when you put everything on Linux!! Plus Linux is FREE!!:D
  17. mercury0x000d

I agree! From what I've read, Linux is more of a developer's OS. But growing up I spent a lot of time in DOS and I think it'll tilt my brain to rework my understanding of all the low level details. :s:

I'll have to do it eventually, though so I might as well get a jump on it :)
    nefcpainter119 likes this.
  18. LilBit

Dude, if you cut your teeth on DOS, then working in the terminal window in linux is going to be no problem, just different commands is all. Besides Linux is wide open, meaning you can modify it. It's completely open source software. You can even Roll your own distro if you want!!
  19. mercury0x000d

Funny you should mention that... I spent lots of time back in the day working on making my own DOS-based OS. Well, I guess it was more like a shell with a virtual machine to run its own apps. But yeah, same difference lol
  20. LilBit

Burn a distro to disk and try it out . Nothing gets installed on your machine that way, see what it's like. The community for Linux is the same as it is here, very big and very helpfull. Check out the Linux forums!! I have a distro called Puppy, it runs off of a usb stick, loads into memory only, Blazing fast!!! I use it when and or if I need to boot my machine when their is a problem, I've also used it to boot windows machines that have crashed. I think your gonna like Linux once you try out a distro. I use Ubuntu, its one of the easiest to learn and use. Puppy is my backup!!
  21. LilBit

Oh, and on the trivia question? How bout a little hint?
  22. mercury0x000d

I've actually used Ubuntu before, but it's been forever ago. Never could get all the fancy window animations working. I'll have to fire up the newest version now that I have a real PC to put it on and give it a spin :-D

Well, it doesn't technically apply to every sound I added. Mainly the "Fruit" series (the hint is in the name) and certain other vocal ones :)
  23. mercury0x000d

Oh, and one other thing. In conjunction with the development of version 1.45 of my ROM, I'll be releasing another sound pack soon :)
  24. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I copied this and dropped it in the media file. It didn't overwrite anything though. Wasn't it supposed to?
  25. LilBit

Copy all 4 files over to their corresponding files one at a time. You will then have doubles of everything. But if you move or delete the originals and paste the new ones in, one at a time then you will only have the new sounds amplified. I just dropped them in on top of the others because I was lazy. system/media/audio Then change the four files you see.:D
    mercury0x000d likes this.