• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add other (non-stock) items to Accounts & Sync list

simmo35

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Hi all,

I've tried searching around Google and this forum and couldn't find an answer to this question, so figured I'd post.

Basically I do all my syncing manually, whereby I have a number of items in my Accounts & Sync list (a Facebook account, two Gmail accounts, Twitter, etc) get synced when I hit a shortcut on my desktop. These all work fine.

My problem is that I have other things that I want to sync as well - namely the Weather Channel app, the other Facebook app (the one that isn't Friendstream), Tripit, etc., and it seems the only way to sync these manually is to open the program and hit sync/refresh. I don't want to use a scheduled sync.

I want to be able to add them to the main list in 'Settings > Accounts & sync' so that I can do all my syncs in the one go, the native/official ones as well as these other ones, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this.

Can anyone advise? Is it even possible?

Thanks,
David

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones