Add phone number to Facebook contact?

Last Updated:

1. ziphnor

ziphnor New Member

I just got my Desire a few days ago, and so far i am very pleased with it (coming from a Nokia N95 8GB).

I do find the contact handling somewhat counter intuitive however.

For example , i have some contacts from facebook for which i have no other contacts created, but i need to add additional information (in particular phone numbers).

I do not seem to be able to add information to a facebook contact. Do i really need to manually create another contact, then manually give it the same name and then link it to the facebook profile in order to have a place to add the phone number?

Advertisement
  2. oxygenbank

oxygenbank New Member

same here. It was welcome to import a whole horde of friends into my contact list but I really want to text them or call them. Any tips to workaround?
  3. ziphnor

ziphnor New Member

I havent found any workarounds yet. Lets hope someone else has a suggestion.
  4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

The new OTA update resolved this, but has currently been pulled.
  5. airam

airam New Member

Having the same problem - is there really no one with a solution yet?
    :)
  6. ariskand

ariskand New Member

My workaround is to create a new contact and link it to the facebook contact (manually).

You can do this by tapping on their name after you've created their entries locally.
  7. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

You cannot do this because of the simple reason that it's their profile you're trying to edit/append to.

Take your google contacts for example. You can edit the contact and it gets edited in your gmail contacts list too. You won't be able to do the same for Facebook because you have no access to edit your friends' profiles.
  8. chimni

chimni New Member

This seems like a good solution. The only thing you left out is how to link the new phone number with the pre-existing facebook account - you do that by hitting the menu button when you click on the new entry you created - you'll see an option to link, unlink, or share the contact there.