Add to home screen???Support

Last Updated: 2012-11-21 17:47:48
  1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Coming from the moto xoom I was able to VERY easily add a webpage to my homescreen. I didn't have to save the bookmark anywhere first, I just wanted to be able to access that page for the rest of the day quickly. I need to go to several company websites each day at work. I have always started the day with accessing the pages at the beginning of the day and saving them to the homescreen. SUPER EASY! Now with chrome, I have to save the bookmark first, then go to bookmarks, long press on the bookmark and then save to homescreen. Then the next day, I have to delete all the bookmarks I created on both my home screen and my bookmarks. PAIN IN THE BUTT! Please tell me there is an easy way to save a website to the homescreen without having to create and save a bookmark first.

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi tjreishus. I think that is the only way to do it unfortunately. The only way I have found anyway.
  3. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of. The other thing missing is "Save for offline reading"
  4. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Can you use a home launcher replacement like Nova Launcher? I use it on my GNex and it lets me add a shortcut for bookmarks.