• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Add "we'll" to custom dictionary??

FYI, "weell" also produces "we'll." I don't know how many times I had to train the Inc before it learned to give me "we'll" as a first choice. But, anyway, I think "weell" is marginally easier to type than "wecll."

My apologies for belaboring the point, but I just discovered that "welll" also produces "we'll." I think that is the best solution short of swapping keyboards.

Upvote 0
Glad it wasn't just me.. I always type "itcs" so that autotext will give me "it's" but it only ever suggested "itcs" and that was it. Reading this post i tried "Its" and lo and behold it offers It's. I had tried adding "It's" to the custom dictionary but that made no difference.. I'll have to stop doing the apostrophes and let it do the work it seems.

Never seen the reverse problem where it won't suggest words like id, itcs etc (android 2.1 or 2.2).

Upvote 0
I can type w-e-l-l back to back until I'm blue in the face and nothing. However, once I type the word "and" or "or", followed by w-e, then we'll comes up as the 3rd option. It's taking overall sentence structure and likely precurser words into account when listing options.

Still doesn't cover all the possibilities for usage and sucks for starting off a sentence with we'll but at least it's there at times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones