1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Addicted to andy(roid) and apps

1. Chgomaverick

Chgomaverick Member

Greetings all,

I have had almost every phone available (yes, including iPhones and Blackberries and Nokias and Windows phones). I'm an old-time UNIX pro (former AT&T tech support) and love the open platform. Android is the stuff! My first Droid phone was the G1 (which I still have, as well as 2 blackberries, 2 Nokias and a (smashed) iPad generation1 just as a reminder). Android has robustness of apps, ability to customize the user experience -- all good..., but I truly look forward to some stability of user experience and true robustness to support the user's productivity.

I was a tier/2/3 tech support engineer for AT&T for 17 years. I tend to push the limits of everything. Not necessarily a hacker (any more), but I want apps and core utilities to WORK as advertised (and as a normally-thinking individual would expect), and I tend to be stubborn when they don't, so I am constantly sending valuable feedback to developers and working with them to work out kinks. I am very impatient with apps that have less-then-thought through functionality. And I don't like being forced to pay for apps, although I'm the first to support developers with good work, both financially and via email -- and with good reviews.

I've just started jumping into Locale, then Tasker (and trying to see how they work together (?) and with smaller utilities such as Auto Task, Overlays, and new apps such as Atooma. All these have great potential (just short of rooting my phone, which I hesitate to do), but mostly they take way too much time away from my already busy busy busy work.

Send a note and say hello. I usually tend to answer anything/everything fairly promptly.

regards,
    --Steve

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums Steve. Thanks for joining our madness. I hope these forums prove worthy of your time. Please give us a shout if you should need any assistance navigating the site. Have fun..