Adding a new google account to HTC HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. edifiz

edifiz Member This Topic's Starter

I want to add a new gmail account to my phone (in addition to the existing gmail account). I remember doing it as I wanted to try if it works and then deleted it. Now I am unable to do it.
    This is how I went about trying to add the new account

Menu - Settings - Accounts & Sync - Add account - Google

This takes me to add a google account page where it says i can add more than one google account ... however when i add another account with my user id and pwd i get the message that trying to reach google server .. this will take upto 5 min .. in less than a minute i get the following message

'cant's establish a reliable data connection to the server

this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services, if it continues call customer service'

I called sprint customer service and they say in HTC hero i cannot add more than one google account ... they ask me to add another account using email option .. however i have done it before and it has worked before .. also the error message doesnt not say i cannot add another account .. it says there is a problem with the connection to the server ..

even when i try adding an account from the gmail icon on the screen i get the same error message

pls help me if you have a solution

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Alice Pinard

Alice Pinard New Member

I am also experiencing this issue. Months ago when I first got my htc hero I was able to add two accounts to the gmail app but recently I have tried to add another and every time I try I get either that I do not have a connection to wifi or 3g networks (and I did have 3g connectivity) or that the google servers could not be reached. I am somewhat concerned that this post has received no reply in months :/