Adding advertisements via App Inventor?

Last Updated:

1. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member

How can I place small banner ads in the bottom of my applications I make in the App Inventor? I'm a n00b so please explain it as clearly as possible! Thanks!

2. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

There is no easy function for that as of yet, I assume at a later time when they add the ability to place these apps in the market, they will include a quick way to add an admob banner, with the type of ads able to be selected when creating the app.

For right now, you could probably jerry rig something up, maybe by using the activity starter to download ads from a server off the net or something.

Here is the bottom line, app inventor isn't going to make you money. At least not for right now.
  3. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member

Eh I wasn't looking to build anything too crazy. I was thinking of a soundboard that hasn't been done before and just place a small ad at the bottom. Some of the soundboards on the marketplace have over 250,000 downloads and I figure if I have some Ads up, I could bring in a small profit. I'm just starting to get into this so I would love to keep working at these apps and making something more functional and innovative!
  4. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

How soon can we expect this all to happen? I mean if I could submit my apps to the market that would be awesome.
  5. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

Is there any reason App Inventor should Not be used with a rooted phone?
  6. Gadgetsage

Gadgetsage Member

I used Google's app inventor version for months with no ill effects on my rooted Evo 4G, now with MIT's, but the charger/connection port is so degraded now that it won't connect, though I have downloaded apps I've made from MIT and they work fine, so short answer, yes, it is safe.

Can't see any reason it wouldn't be, anything in particular you're concerned about?
  7. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Well-Known Member

I Have Actually found a way to do it on youtube... here's the source, and an apk to check out...

Attached Files:

8. joshbloam

joshbloam New Member

I tried your demo app and its not showing any adds just two blank buttons, and when i click it it says "no corresponding activity was found"
    EManU3LXX likes this.
  9. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Well-Known Member

It's not rlly mine sorry if I cam across that way, it worked for me hte first time, but installing it again gave me the same error it gave you... Couldn't we use that source and build on it and see if that works?
  10. korthouj

korthouj New Member

Hello everybody,

I have downloaded the Add and I found that there were no Assets in the source code. I think there would at least need to be a picture in it ot even 2 I believe in the example because people saw only two empty buttons. Also when I unzipped the .zip I didn't see the .apk but only the source code. So maybe UmanU3Lxx can upload the packaged .apk file as well?

My guess is that adding the pictures (banners) is forgotten somehow. So I would like to know how the .zip was created. Can the maker of the zip-file explain to us how the code was created? What were the steps taken in App Inventor? Some screenshots would be helpfull ! Then we all can brainstorm and crack this problem of how to add advertisement code (or even better: Licensing code) to the App Inventor apps.

Best regards,
  11. irshadkp

irshadkp New Member

I heard that there is an application to pack the .apk file... If I find it I'll post it here.

You can extract .apk file by renaming it to .zip