adding and uninstalling apps loseing memory? anyone htc desireSupport

Last Updated:

1. wals1h

wals1h Member This Topic's Starter

ok wondering if anyone else has noticed.

i uninstalled an app from ther htc desire and noticed they dont get the full memory back. some apps i get it all back but i noticed with swype unistalling i didnt get full memory back and copilot possibly a few others so it must be leaving leftovers of the app in my memory taking up valuable space.

is ther a way to find and delete left over files from installs on the htc ????

Advertisement
  2. wals1h

ok so incase anyone wanted to know after playing with my htc desire installing and uninstalling apps finaly picked the ones i wanted. did a back up withe backup app. then restored phone to factory settings checked memory boom 140mb free which is funny because when i got the phone ther was only around 70mb free. anyway restored the backup i created with all my appps and still have 100mb space left so it shows by adding and uninstalling you lose memory because i had the not enough memory sign in top corner of phone. now with same apps installed ive got 100mb to spare.

3. choccy

choccy Well-Known Member

All you have to do is reboot the phone and the correct memory figure comes back. You don't need to do a factory restore!

4. wals1h

hi i tried that but my memory was still reading low

5. rjmfa

rjmfa Member

i have the Htc hero thru Sprint and am having the same exact problem. when i attempt to reboot i get the screen that comes up to wipe my whole system. am i doing something wrong? i only have 44 apps on my android, but Astro and Linda file manager seems to hold all my past apps no matter how many times i uninstall them. i try an app don't like it so i uninstall it. idk what I'm doing wrong, but its WAY irritating

6. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Do you clear your caches ever?

7. onetondon

onetondon New Member

I have an HTC Legend and I have the exact same problem. This morning I had 93.93 mb of internal phone memory. I deleted an app 3.74mb in size. I should have about 97.67mb of memory now right? But with my phone, it only went up to 94.75mb! I find this very strange and it has happened to me all the time that I am afraid to try new apps out because they might suck and when I delete them I won't have enough memory and would end up doing a hardreset.

Also, I download apps from the net and transfer using HTC Sync, or using android market and installing from there. Both seem to have problems. I uninstall using the applications>manage applications>uninstall.

Can someone help with this problem? There's a similar post like this and I posted there as well but it seems to not have received any response. can anyone help us? Thanks.

8. bluedragon7

bluedragon7 Active Member

bump
    anyone else?

9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I don't think you folks are referencing a useful statistic. My understanding of Android is that the OS manages the memory load. When an app needs memory it will free up space for that app. The memory you are expecting to be freed is probably being used now by some other app and therefore looks like your old application is still using it.

I respect your desire to optimize your memory load, but I don't think it's something you need to worry about.

10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

The guys in Desire forum will definitely help.

11. mjwitter

mjwitter New Member

I assume you have lots of free memory now because nothing has been cached yet, ie no Contact data, no Facebook or twitter feeds, no internet cache, no email/gmail, no market cache etc..

12. sam9s

sam9s Well-Known Member

lol ... dude people are talking about Internal memory (ROM in this case) not the RAM that the OS manages, which you seems to refer here ........

13. strauts

strauts New Member

i have left 14 MB if i uninstalling app about 5 MB in size, i am getting back only some KB!

14. will86bk

will86bk New Member

having the same prob even though not a single app is installed on internal memory:confused: