1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Adding apps on the multitask menuSupport

1. baileylab

baileylab Member

Hello.

I would love to add a calculator on the multitask window. Would love one when i'm in S Notes or Calendar.

I tried but it won't add the calculator app in.

Anyone know how?

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I don't believe that is user configurable. You can only manage which apps you want on the bar, but not which apps are available.
  3. baileylab

baileylab Member

:(

weird tho coz it added facebook & google chrome in there. google chrome was not a standard browser in the note 2 i believe
  4. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

There are currently 14 apps you can add to the multitask bar, and Facebook and Chrome are two of them. There is no calculator, unfortunately.
  5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Only certain apps are able to multi task. I suppose its up to the dev's to give the apps that ability.
  6. baileylab

baileylab Member

thank you!
  7. baileylab

baileylab Member

i hope they add the calculator one day... thanks!
  8. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Google Chrome was added automagically to my list today upon installation.
  9. baileylab

baileylab Member

thanks, Benjie
  10. emeraldayotte

emeraldayotte Member

11. bengadget

bengadget Active Member

12. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Good find. I'm a knob, what is LJ1, 2, 3, etc?
    Also, from reading the thread, you have to do this mod every time you want to add a new program to the multi window right?
  13. bengadget

bengadget Active Member

Go to Settings - About device - Build number. Last three letters will be LJ1, or LJ2, etc.

Because mine is odexed LJ1 (the way it came from the factory), I found the webtool the simplest method. And yes, you do this mod every time you want to add an app. However, make sure you retype the previous apps you added in and just add the new one at the bottom. I have a .txt file of the apps I've added. When I want to add a new app, I open the txt file, type in the new app at the bottom, and copy/paste the whole list into the web tool. Sounds more complicated than it is but it's really easy.
  14. emeraldayotte

emeraldayotte Member

If you're already rooted, I would suggest installing this MOD from XDA - MULTIWINDOW MOD. After you flash it using CWM or TWRP, you can add 3rd party apps directly on the phone without having to re-apply the MOD. Just open multiwindow shade, click edit and drag/drop the apps you want to allow. Done.
  15. bengadget

bengadget Active Member

It's not as simple as just being rooted though. You have to take note of what roms each mod works for. Your firmware and whether or not you're odexed or deodexed is very important.
  16. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

I have 2 other apps installed which have automagically added themselves to the sidebar and which multi task fine:

Locus Pro, a mapping app (the dev has confirmed that this is intentional)

PDF Builder Lite, a PDF manipulation tool.

I have no idea how or why! Its an unmodded Intern. GN2

[​IMG]

I too would like a calculator in there!
  17. red104

red104 New Member

It won't allow me to add Facebook. Will it add maps?
  18. EXITRealty

EXITRealty New Member

My Note doesn't even have Gmail, and some of the other available app that support multi. How can I get them on the multi window task bar?
    R
  19. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Did you tap the EDIT button?
  20. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

anMoney now supports multi windows.
  21. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Friendcaster supports multi window.
  22. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

23. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

It's up to the devs as well. The devs for ezPDF, Moon+ Reader and Papyrus have added multi-view support. Seeing as the list is growing, it seems like some devs are willing to support it for (non-rooted) regular users.

Currently running stock and have the following supported apps:
    Chrome
    Email
    Gallery
    Gmail
    Internet
    Maps
    Messaging
    Polaris Office
    S Note
    Talk
    Video Player
    You Tube
    Papyrus
    ezPDF Reader
    Moon+ Reader
    MX Player
  24. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I think it's different depending on the carrier on some apps? I had to put a modified Chrome on mine and GMail is not in mine (but Exchange email is), and You Tube is not in my Multi-Task bar. I'm going to probably be modifying a few apps using the instructions in the video that I posted.