• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help adding apps to homescreen

I have had my evo for about a week now and have had no problems up until now. You know when you want to add a app to the homescreen and hold down until it says add app, add folder, etc. Well wen i press add app it doesnt do anything and sometimes it selects one of the other options. It has been working fine until today, so i am wondering what the problem is.

Ps. I am posting from my evo and just noticed i cannot type the letter d in landscape mode.

Are you still using sense, or did you start using another launcher? When you're waiting for the popup to select the app, are you tapping on the screen while waiting? I've had it select random things when I get impatient.

Just FYI, the easier way to add a shortcut to an app is to go to the app drawer and then press and hold on the app you want. You can then drop the shortcut on the homescreen wherever you want.

Upvote 0
I am now having this problem in apps and on that part of the screen, I did a hard reset and it is still happening. I called sprint and they told me to call best buy. I called best buy stores and they told me to come in but they are out of stock so they cannot replace it. Then I called best buy customer service and they said to go to the store. So it looks like im gonna have to deal with this problem for a while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones