Adding bigger sd micro?Tips

Last Updated:

1. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 16gig sdmicro class 6 card that I want to install into the evo to replace the 8gig. The question is how would I go about doing this? Should I copy the contents of the memory card on my pc and just transfer it to the new sdmicro?

What is the best way to install a new sdmicro card?

:) Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You've got it, copy to the PC and back again (as far as I'm concerned, it's a good idea to keep a fairly current copy of the SD card on your PC anyway, that way if (when) the SD card fails you haven't lost everything).
    Just make sure that your PC is set to view hidden files and folders, that way you won't miss anything on the SD card.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

My take is use an adaptor to connect your 16gb card to your PC. Then, connect your phone (w/ the 8gb card in it) to your PC, using the USB chord and identify it as a drive.

Go into File Explorer on your PC and copy/paste all the files on your phone to the 16gb card. Prior to transferring the data over, make sure that you format the 16gb microSD.

Depending on how much you have on the 8gb card, the transfer might take a while, so I'd just copy/paste and leave it alone for a while (until it's done).

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Or you know... plug the phone in, turn on mass storage, copy all the contents of the 8g card onto a folder on desktop, then replace the card in the phone, then paste.