• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adding/Changing Apps in a ROM

I was interested in taking a current ROM (such as SuperROM) and adding or changing apps that are installed/built-in to the ROM? Like change Apollo Music Player to PowerAmp...or adding Stitcher.
Or Even changing the default launcher?
Can someone point me a tutorial or posting where I might learn how to do this sort of thing?
Thanks!

I use Titanium Backup for this. For the launcher, install the one you want and make it default first. Then in TiBu, you can freeze the launcher you don't want, and even incorporate the new one as a system app.

Since a music player really isn't "needed" for the phone to run, I always delete the one installed in the ROMs I use and install my own. Most ROMs use the Google Music Player, or Apollo, neither of which I like.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Sheri.
I was thinking something more along the lines of already having them built in to a ROM, that way I can use the same ROM whenever I need to reinstall. So essentially I have one custom ROM that will already have the stuff I want/need installed at time of ROM installation.
Or us that what you were referring to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones