Adding contacts to groups?

Last Updated:

1. igk

igk New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 30, 2010
    ok, new to android and really like it. however, seems like the maintenance of contacts is a common source of confusion.

i have contacts from my gmail displayed. I have a created a group of contacts that I have been able to add contacts to. However, not all contacts are available to be added to this group. under the general contacts page, all the contacts are there (including many imported from gmail that i don't care for since every email that has ever been used seems to be saved). when i go to edit the group and add a contact, not all the contacts are displayed as available to add. i have gone into my gmail contact list and made sure that the contact i want to add is listed under the "my contacts" heading.

Any suggestions?

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I've been wresting with the contacts and groups as well. I'm assuming you are talking about the groups in the People app. If this is the case, you will have to create a contact for that person. Then the contact will appear and you can add it.

I'm not sure about Gmail, but I notice for my Facebook contacts I had to do this. If I have a friend in FB, I cannot add the contact to a group. I have to create a contact, then it appears in the list to add to a group. Then I link the contact with FB so it syncs like the picture and other info from FB.