Adding contacts to SIM~ but cannot add their pic???

Last Updated:

1. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tell me if iam wrong but as i was adding contacts to sim & trying to save them, it would not let me add their pic at the same time. i noticed when adding contact details to phone it will allow me...anybody noticed that? i find it very strange

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Thats because Sim cards are not memory cards , They only support contacts and sms. Not pictures or media :)

It works on the phone because the contact photos are stored to the phone memory

Carl

3. islandmixed

ooooooooooooooh i c lol. i thought i was going crazy as i wanted to add pics of all my friends in my contacts.

so i wonder if anybody adds contacts to sim at all, cause i think most like seeing the pics with the contacts, i guess i need to back up my contact details cause if my phone died or something, the contacts will be gone with it grrrrr.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

As long as your contacts are "Google contacts" they will sync and be backed up automatically online at http://www.google.com/contacts

Simply sign into the same Google account as on your phone and you should see all your contacts {With pictures} safely backed up online as long as you have done the correct settings on your phone :)

5. islandmixed

so they have to be google contacts for them to be back up auto? i mean i dont know anybody who uses google, i just have phone numbers lol although it gives me choices to store them as google but as i can store them in the phone, ill just back my numbers up in my old blackberry...make it easy for me incase i loose data by a upgrade or something.

cheers.