Adding contacts when sending sms!!!!Support

1. lee170

lee170 New Member

Hi,
    Had my x10 for nearly 2 weeks now and absolutely love it, I have one niggle though, When sending sms i cant add contact instead having to enter number, This is really frustrating me as it takes ages to get number. All my other phones were able to add contact rather than number, Is there a solution?

Thanks

Lee

Advertisement
    :
  2. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

in the "to" field you just type the persons name rather than their number and it brings up which contacts it can be. If you want more than one you can repeat the process.
  3. fbostad

fbostad New Member

Same problem here.
    If I want to send someone one of my contacts, I first have to find it in the contact list, then remember the number (!!) before typing a sms.
    Anyone with a solution?
  4. TheGizmo

TheGizmo New Member

Same here, but when I have my phone in the "normal" up position it works. But when my phone is in widescreen mode, it cant find any contacts.
  5. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

Ye, bit bizarre this one. In every other phone I have had, you hit the send to button and it brings up your phonebook - doesn't do it here at all. You have to just type in the persons name and it should come up. If not, send a message from your phone book. Contact and then hit message in the middle top.
  6. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

no one can read what this dude said ??
  7. ranju

ranju New Member

go to market. download ciacs. use ciacs to send contact as sms.
  8. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

I would say, send as a Vcard but there seems to be an issue with sending Vcards from Android phones.
  9. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i had the same problem so now i use handcent sms