• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root adding CWM to rooted phone

MyEvilBanana

Nov 24, 2013
Ok I'm hoping I just overthinking this and it's a simple fix. So following a article I read I rooted my Rugby Pro with Towelroot. Fast and simple. Added SuperSU and it seems to work but keep giving the notification that the "SU binary needs to be updated". When I go to update I get a message that says before I do so to have CWM or other recovery installed first. My problem... all my searches as to how to put CWM on the Rugby Pro SGH-I547 only tell how to do it as part of the rooting process But I already have root. So what do I need to do?
Thanks

Just an update for anyone curious... couldn't find (through radom post searches and reading and web searches) a way to install CWM after root. Did find an app for TWRP install in the play store but couldn't get to install correctly. But directions for flashing with odin were damn near everywear so long story short I un-did everything and flashed CWM and re-rooted. Was worried about Fn something up with odin especially when the first cwm tar I flashed failed but using a second one I had found everything seems to have gone smooth. Now just need to figure out how to save back a recovery and get rid of some of this bloat ware!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones