Adding Exchange calendar entry via DincSupport

Last Updated:

1. JoeA

JoeA Member This Topic's Starter

ActiveSync with Exchange works great with one exception. I can't create an Exchange calendar entry on the Dinc because Exchange is not listed as one of the calendar choices when creating a new calendar entry. Any calendar entry created on Exchange is synced to the Dinc & any Dinc modification to an Exchange calendar entry is synced back to Exchange. Just can't use the DInc to create a new calender entry on Exchange. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. bogatyr

bogatyr Member

I would check how you set up Exchange. When I create a calendar event, it defaults to the Exchange calendar for me. Also did you install the OTA update? I have it installed and I thought it was something with Exchange.

3. JoeA

I'm new to this, coming from a dumb phone, so I appreciate your confirmation that it works for you. Not much to check on in the Exchange setup. The Calendar checkbox is checked within the Exchange ActiveSync account and it does sync but just doesn't let me create an Exchange calendar entry on the DInc.

Yes, I have the OTA update installed.

Thanks!

If nothing else turns up, I'm going to try deleting the Exchange ActiveSync account on the Dinc and starting over. But first I need to figure out how to delete/clear all the contact/calendar/mail on the Dinc to ensure it doesn't get duplicated when I re-configure ActiveSync.

4. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

In the calendar options to SHOW calendars, what do you have checked? Is exchange checked? It will not allow you to add to a calendar that is not check for viewing.

5. JoeA

The calendar option does not include an entry for exchange. That's the root of the problem. It shows the following 4 calendars:
    My Calendar
    a gmail calendar
    US holidays
    PC Sync

No exchange! :(

6. gobluejd

So if you go to settings>accounts and sync>exchange is the calendar selected with a check mark?

7. JoeA

Yes, the calendar is selected.

I reset the phone & now it works as expected.

Thanks for the help.

8. gobluejd

No problem.