Adding Files Via USB cable

Last Updated:

1. Skirge

Skirge Active Member This Topic's Starter

Still learning my Hero only had it a few days, it came with a 2gig SD card in it. When I hook the phone up via USB cable the SD card shows up in MY COMPUTER but I cannot open/browse it, I tried the card in my old Samsung E900 and its fine I added my music and other files that way.

I have HTC sync and added some apps I had on PC to the Hero withno problems at all but how to I add other files?
    Get the feeling I am missing something obvious here

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Skirge ,

When you plug it in , Did you drag down the notification bar {at the top of the screen} and press mount? :)

When I plug in my magic , I see a removable drive but I can't do anything with it until it is mounted

3. Skirge

Skirge Active Member This Topic's Starter

I did not see a mount option, the card was already in the phone when it came, will umount remove and plug back in see if that helps.cheers :D

EDIT:
    I am a numptie. thanks for the help mate.. Iseent he USB notification but never pressed on it.
    Sorted now
    THNKAS

4. nutter1980

nutter1980 Member

Hi, Its simple , You need to go to settings, once plugged in via the usb cable you need to access your notifications menu and select " USB connected" Select to copy files to / from your computer.

Hope this helps:cool:

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

"To set the phone

6. Creatrix

Creatrix New Member

Hi!

I have a HTC Wildfire and have the same problem except the phone doesn't give me any notification that it's connected to the comp.
    I have checked the "usb deugging" in "development" and in "settings" "connect with PC" i checked the default connection type to be HTC Sync (because I read that I have to do that...) I just got the phone so be gentle with me...

...so, as I said, in the notifications there's no such thing as "USB connected" :/

HALP! :)

Thanks!

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If you want to transfer files you need to pick 'Disk Drive' (or something to that effect) rather than HTC Sync as your default connection type.

Saying that, you'd be better off without a default and having it set to ask you every time, so that you can switch between the two types.