1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Adding MMS APNSupport

1. d.2.the.p

d.2.the.p New Member

Hello All,

I'm a first-time Android owner, and I recently picked up the Samsung Galaxy S 4G since I've been with T-mobile for what seems like forever. I am big on saving battery, so one thing I'm all about is disabling my mobile data when I'm not using it. However, I still want to be able to enable MMS.

Originally I had downloaded APNdroid since it has the option to still enable MMS while toggling mobile data. I know that this occurs through the widget adding suffixes to the APN names, but this device only comes with a "T-Mobile US" APN which encompasses both Internet AND MMS.

So I know you can go in and change the APN type to "internet" only. And I know that you can ADD a new APN. Buuuuut how the heck do I do that?? It asks for name, apn, proxy, port, user name, password, server, etc. I have NO earthly idea what information I need to provide here. Any insight?

Advertisement
    :
  2. d.2.the.p

d.2.the.p New Member

So upon further research, it appears that since the release of android 2.1, internet & mms have been under the same APN. If that is the case, is it not possible to separate them without rooting your phone?