• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding music to phone

Hi GunNut,

If your phone is not recognized by your computer you can try to transfer files "over the air" and not via usb cable. The application that you found it is very good, in addition it is user friendly. To transfer songs is very good, I don't know if the same thing can be said for files larger than > 500 mb.

Upvote 0
iTunes

Make sure your music is tagged properly

Connect phone in USB storage mode, open it in Finder, make a Music folder if you don't already have one

Drag whole albums from the iTunes window onto your music folder (sd card)

- provided they're tagged properly, albums will appear as albums (no duplication). Done!

---

You can keep high grade music on your mbp & have lossy set in your phone. In iTunes import prefs, change it to the format you want (I have AAC on my phone). Select all the music you want to convert & get the menu on it, choose "create AAC version" (or whatever you set it to).

Then make a smart playlist, where "kind" is AAC Audio File (it must be written how it is shown in "kind") & you will then have a playlist with ONLY AAC music, & you can drag music from this playlist to your sd card music folder.

It's best to do the same for your high grade music too (I have AIFF & AAC playlists), because your iTunes music now has two copies (AIFF & AAC).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones