Adding New ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MKREdit

MKREdit Active Member This Topic's Starter

when I add a contact to my DInc the contact type defaults to phone. Since I only use gmail I would like for it to default to gmail. is there a way this can be done? Its just a little annoying to start entering info only to realize that I'm adding it to the phone and when I switch to gmail I have to start from the beginning again.

Advertisement
  2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I don't know of anyway to change the default and I have tried looking all over several forums- you just have to remember to choose Google each time. It's kind of a pain I know but after a few times it become automatic when entering a new contact.

3. MKREdit

If it were something I did often I'd probably commit it to muscle memory I just wish it wouldnt blow away the data you entered when you switched from phone to google.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

You can add any contact you have saved to "phone" to google by exporting the contacts to the sd card then importing the file from the sd card and it will ask you if you want to save therm to google.

5. daktron

daktron Active Member

I only use Gmail too. When I did a factory reset and then restored my contacts via Gmail, there were a bunch missing. Based on this quoate - I'm thinking they were not backed to Gmail, becuase they were saved someplace else on the phone.

Ugh! :mad:

6. MKREdit

If you didnt select gmail when you entered the contact then that is exactly what happened. That is what I'm trying to avoid.